At Eggar’s School we provide our more academically able students with access to broad, balanced and challenging curriculum opportunities to enable them to reach their true potential. These more academically able students are identified in year 7 and form part of a Student Voice More Able group which meet termly with the Able and Talented Student coordinator and a member of the leadership team. This group discusses provision, individual requirements and good practice; their academic performance is carefully monitored and they are given extensive extra-curricular enrichment opportunities. These opportunities may take the form of school groups and clubs, external and internal competitions and trips and visits:
- Maths challenge – Portsmouth Grammar School
- Student & parent skills conference – Alton College
- Maths master class – Alton College
- STEM Science trip – Qinetiq Farnborough
- PE trip to sports laboratories – Bath University
- St John’s College taster day – Oxford University
- Design & Technology master class – Eggar’s School
- Working with an author – Treloar College
- Schools Social Media presentation – inter schools competition
- Inter school Faraday Challenge
- St Edmund’s College Oxford – a student experience
- Maths Most Able University challenge – Southampton University
- Science Most Able University challenge – Southampton University
- Selborne Field Studies centre (MAT from Eggar’s, Amery Hill School)
- Female Scientists – Alton Convent
- Alton College Social Media interschool challenge – Eggar’s won!
- Magistrates Mock Trial Competition
While we recognise the needs of our most academically able students, we also recognise that all students at Eggar’s School have the potential to excel in some curriculum areas.
In order to provide opportunities for the full range of their abilities and talents we challenge all our students to take part in additional activities through The Eggar’s Experience that extends and enriches their learning, promotes high attainment and good progress and equips them with a broad range of life skills.
For more information please contact Mrs N Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Eggar’s EXPERIENCE
The Eggar’s Experience encourages all our students to become involved in at least ten key activities during their five years at Eggar’s School. These activities are designed to equip them with a range of key life skills in order to become more rounded and skilled individuals and therefore better equipped for further education and employment.
Eggar’s students are expected to keep a digital record of the key challenges they are involved in. This record of achievement is regularly reviewed.
Eggar’s School continues to strive to further the provision for all our students to provide them with the skills for further education and employment.
One of our latest initiatives is an application for the NACE Challenge Award. This prestigious award is given by the National Association for Able Children in Education (NACE), a leading national education organisation. The association exists to help the daily work of teachers providing for students with high abilities whilst enabling all to flourish.
Eggar's 2018 Leavers' – GCSE Presentation Evening on Wednesday 21 November 2018 18:30. RSVP. 11:11 AM - 12 Nov 2018